Long-term relationships are challenging even if you choose the perfect partner. Make it easier on yourself and choose wisely. This is the second in a series of posts about how you can know you’re making the right decision. You can read the first post here.
Look for these signs that this partner might be the one for you:
1. You trust each other. Being with someone you don’t trust is stressful on you, and frustrating for your partner. A lack of trust is a good sign that you may be with the wrong person for you. Relationships need trust to thrive.
2. Your needs for affection are similar. Some people like a lot of affection. Others don’t care for it much. It can be annoying or frustrating when your partner doesn’t share your attitude on the matter. This also goes back to the article about Love Languages we posted earlier.
3. You make each other a priority. That doesn’t mean either of you is the most important priority 100% of the time. However, on a general basis, you should both consistently be a high priority to the other.
4. You are good at solving disagreements. Disagreements are part of every relationship. They can ultimately strengthen your relationship or tear it apart. Strong, compatible couples are good at finding solutions that work for both parties and make the relationship stronger.
5. You help each other live their life’s purpose. What do you hope to accomplish in your life? Does your partner support that or inhibit you? If your partner is an obstacle, you’ll become resentful.
There’s no reason to jump into a commitment that can potentially ruin your life for many years to come. Ensure that you’re committing to the right person for you. A good relationship can be the best thing that ever happens to you.